I’ve had a fixation on ceasar salad ever since a couple of months ago when I was at a restaurant and was hypnotized by a chicken ceasar salad served in warm pita that was ordered at the table next to me. I, of course, didn’t order it, but have been thinking about it ever since.
I tried to recreate it at home, but it didn’t exactly turn out as I’d planned and the pictures were horrendous.
So, because it didn’t work out and because it’s Friday, I wanted to create an easy and delicious riff on that recipe to share.
I have no idea what made me think of ceasar salad in phyllo cups, but, I have to say, it was a brilliant idea. I chop rotisserie chicken and romaine lettuce very finely, and combine it with lots of parmesan cheese and ceasar salad dressing. Fill store-bought phyllo cups with the salad mixture and you’re done – it’s that easy.
These are perfect for a bridal shower, baby shower, brunch, or just any old occasion. Another great alternative would be to use large phyllo sheets and shape them into bowls, bake them off and serve as the first course at a dinner party. That will sure WOW your guests!
- ¾ cup finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup homemade or store-bought ceasar salad dressing
- 1 package mini phyllo cups
- Heat phyllo cups in the oven, according to package directions. Let cool.
- Combine chicken, lettuce, and cheese together in a small bowl.
- Toss with dressing. Add more if it suites your taste.
- Fill phyllo cups with salad. Serve.
- Do not dress until you are about to serve, you don’t want the lettuce to wilt.
Leave a Comment