This 5-Ingredient Tahini Maple Dressing is our very favorite healthy salad dressing that goes with EVERYTHING. It’s nutty, sweet, acidic, and the perfect balance of flavors. Make a big batch in a mason jar and store in the fridge for weeks!
5-Ingredient Tahini Maple Dressing
If there were ever a salad dressing that could rival the finger-licking qualities of America’s sweetheart of dressings, ranch, it would be this 5-Ingredient Tahini Maple Dressing. I know because I found myself literally licking the spoon and inside of the mason jar every chance I got before sharing it with the rest of my family. It almost didn’t make it to the lovely bowl of shredded Brussels sprouts, parmesan and pine nuts I had waiting to be dressing.
Here’s our 5-ingredient lineup:
- pure maple syrup (very important you don’t use the fake stuff)
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- water + kosher salt (<– free ingredients) –>
I fell in love with tahini a while ago, and have found every excuse in the book to use it – some of my favorites being these Chicken Meatballs with Farro and Tahini Sauce, these Chicken Skewers with Tahini, and this Tahini Salmon. It’s nutty, filling, and when paired with something sweet and acidic, totally addictive.
How to make 5-Ingredient Tahini Maple Dressing
- Add all the ingredients in a mason jar. Shake.
- If needed add water to thin the dressing out. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
My favorite salad combination to serve with tahini maple dressing
- brussels sprouts + pine nuts + parmesan
- chopped kale + Brussels sprouts + crispy chickpeas + honey-roasted almonds + roasted red peppers
- kale + pecorino + pistachios
Other ways to use 5-Ingredient Tahini Maple Dressing
- use a dip for crudités
- smother over chicken meatballs
- serve with gyros instead of tzatziki
Where can I buy tahini?
I get mine very affordably at Trader Joe’s, but these days you can find tahini pretty much anywhere. It’s either near the peanut butter, or in the health food isle.
Can I used pancake syrup or honey?
Please please PLEASE do not use fake maple syrup. I know it can be pricey, but it’s worth it. I also buy mine at Trader Joe’s very affordably. We prefer to sweeten things naturally when possible, so we go through it, and if you do as well, I know Costco sells a giant vat of maple syrup very affordably as well. I really like the flavor of maple syrup, but if you’re in a pinch, you can use honey. Since honey is a bit thicker than maple syrup, you may have to alter the amount of water and seasoning in the end.
Substitutions and Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success.
- I would not substitute anything here, but if you HAVE to, you can swap out honey for the maple syrup
- Remember, you can always add more water, but you can’t take it away. Start off with only two tablespoons and slowly add more. Each time you add more water, season with salt.
What to serve with 5-Ingredient Maple Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2-4 tbsp water
- Add tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon, olive oil, salt, and 2 tablespoons water to a mason jar. Put the lid on and shake until ingredients are combined. If needed, add more water a little bit at a time until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 126mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 2g