Crab. Lobster. Corn. Cheese.
Do I need to say more?? I could, but I won’t.
Corn, Crab, and Lobster Quesadillas
The most decadent quesadillas on the planet. Crab. Corn. Lobster. And so much cheese.
Author: Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps
Serves: 15 quesadillas
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 2 - 6 oz. lobster tails
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 3 ears of corn
- 8 oz. lump crab
- ½ lb fontina cheese, grated
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 5 burritto-sized tortillas
- Heat a gas grill to a medium-high heat.
- Add red wine vinegar and sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add onions. Cook until starting to wilt, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside and let rest in liquid.
- Use a sharp knife to cut lobster tails lengthwise down the middle. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lobster (flesh side down), poblano pepper, and corn to grill. Cook until lobster shell turns bright red and are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Cook poblano peppers about 5 minutes, until softened. Cook corn until slightly charred, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove lobster from shells, cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut corn from cobs. Cut peppers into a dice.
- Evenly divide crab, lobster, corn, poblano, and cheese between tortillas. Fold half of tortilla over.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium heat. Add quesadillas and cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side. Cut each tortilla into 3 triangles.
- While quesadillas cook, mash avocado in a small bowl. Add lime juice and salt.
- Serve quesadillas with avocado and pickled red onions
(Visited 1,439 times, 1 visits today)