With all the fat-laden dishes that are going to be at your Thanksgiving table, wouldn’t it be nice to have something that you can actually feel good about eating? Think fluffy quinoa, cooked in a warm bath of chicken stock, studded with dried cranberries and crunchy pecans, and then tossed with a little bit of creamy goat cheese. Now, that’s my kind of healthy dish! While this is a perfect last minute addition to you Thanksgiving meal, don’t limit yourself to that, it’s also perfectly wonderful any other normal day of the week. Enjoy.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp + ⅛ tsp teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 ½ ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Rinse quinoa in a little bit of cold water. Drain. Bring quinoa, chicken stock, water, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and then reduce to low and cook for 15 minutes. Add cranberries, cook another 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and add pecans, parsley and crumbled goat cheese. Toss with a fork again and serve immediately.
- If you would like to make this dish ahead of time, prepare through adding the cranberries. When ready to serve warm over a low heat, and then add pecans, parsley and goat cheese.
Leave a Comment