Ok so I know I’ve hit you with an overload of roasted red pepper recipes, but I have just one more. I promise after this, there will be no roasted red pepper recipes for the foreseeable future.
Ok, I can’t promise that, let’s re-phrase. I will try to stay away from roasted red peppers for the foreseeable future.
Better. I hate breaking promises.
So this recipe came about for multiple reasons
1. Lately I’ve been obsessed with roasted red peppers (obviously) and have been trying to use them in any way I can
2. I’m working on consuming a healthier diet
3. Most of the hummus brands I found at the store still had more fat than I’d like and contained processed ingredients like Citric Acid and Potassium Sorbate (DON’T read labels if you ever want to eat store-bought food again)
4. My girlfriend Kelly was coming over to meet little Ravi and I wanted to have something small and healthy for us to nosh on while we fawned over the puppy
Like my other roasted red pepper recipes this uses little ingredients and comes together in a flash – if you’ve already roasted your peppers. In this case, if you want to roast your own peppers, go for it (follow instructions here), but if you don’t feel like it, or don’t have time, you have my permission to use store-bought.
All you do is throw the peppers, feta, garbanzo beans, salt, and garlic in a blender, turn her on and let the blade do all the work. Finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil and you’re finished. Easy Peasy.
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- ⅔ cup light feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Throw peppers, feta, garlic, lemon juice, and chickpeas in a blender. Blend until smooth. With the blender on, drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a Comment