I have food writer’s block. This happens every once in a while, where I can’t think of anything to say besides, “this is good, make it.” That just doesn’t suffice in the food blogosphere.
I feel like my brain just isn’t functioning properly, every time I start a sentence it ends up sounding like something my nine year old self would write.
So I’m just going to skip the conversation and leave you with dessert.
This is probably the laziest dessert I’ve ever made, but it was too easy and delicious not to share – and it begins with…gulp…a microwave brownie.
I made a brownie in the microwave…and it was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s
Mix brownie batter together, microwave.
Mix cheesecake mixture together, try not to inhale.
Layer brownie and raspberry cream. Top with shaved chocolate.
A lazy baker’s dream.
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- Chocolate for shaving
- In a food processor (mini or full-sized), blend raspberries, cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla. If you do not have a food processor, just mash the raspberries before and then mix everything together.
- In another small bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk in oil and water. Divide batter into two individual ramekins that are greased. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until brownie is cooked, but still slightly fudgy. Let brownie cool.
- In the bottom of a dessert cup, layer a little bit of the cheesecake mixture followed by brownie, then more cheesecake mixture. Top with shaved chocolate