Crispy Everything Bagel Chickpeas are the perfect snack! They’re covered in ground up everything bagel seasoning, tossed with olive oil and baked until golden brown and crispy. Store them in an airtight container and pull them out whenever you feel the need to snack!
We love to snack in our household, and we can’t get enough of these! For more easy snack ideas, check out this Firecracker Chex Mix, this Wasabi Edamame Hummus, and these Crispy Baked Potato Chips with Garlic, Thyme and Parmesan.
Before crispy chickpeas were even a thing on anyone’s radar, I loved chickpeas. Growing up, my Mom always had them on hand to throw in salads and such, and because one can of chickpeas is entirely too much for a family-size salad, we would always snack on the leftovers. Constantly. Both my Mom and I still almost always have a can of chickpeas on the pantry for such occasions. While I still adore them in their natural, straight-from-the-can state, I literally can’t control myself when they’re crispy and covered in seasoning.
I used to impulsively pick up a package or two at the store, but with how fast I was going through them, I figured I should probably save a few bucks and make them at home. And luckily, they are SO easy to make! I started with a simple version of just salt and pepper, then quickly graduated to a taco-infused version, ranch version, and half a dozen other varieties.
BUT today, today’s version is my favorite so far. Everything bagel seasoning. YES.
I have become absolutely obsessed with these Crispy Everything Bagel Chickpeas. I eat them at breakfast. For snacks. With cocktails. I am ALWAYS eating them. I’ve made no less than a dozen batches in the last month, and I have no plans on stopping.
How to make Crispy Everything Bagel Chickpeas
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind up everything bagel seasoning.
- Rinse, drain and dry chickpeas off with a paper towel.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil.
- Toss with seasoning.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minute or until crispy.
- Cool and serve!
Tips and Tricks for perfect results
- Be sure to COMPLETELY dry the chickpeas. It will help them get crispy
- About halfway through cooking, shake the pan to make sure they crisp up evenly.
- They will crisp up more once they cool, don’t worry!
- Some chickpeas will be SUPER crispy and some will be crisp and chewy. This is good!
- If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can grind them up in a mini food processor. You can also just leave them as is, but put the seasoning on about halfway through baking so it doesn’t burn.
I’d suggest making a double batch to keep on hand, because around here, a single batch lasts about 2.5 seconds.
Everything Bagel Crispy Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 1 16 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mixing bowls
- sheet pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add everything bagel seasoning to a mortal and pestle. Grind until seasoning has become fine. A little bit of texture is fine. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, you can also use a mini food processor or spice grinder.
- Dry chickpeas with paper towels. Add to a bowl. Toss in olive oil. Add seasoning, toss to combine. Spread chickpeas on a large, rimmed baking sheet, and roast for 25 minutes. Take the pan out, shake and place back in the oven. Roast until golden brown and crispy, another 20-30 minutes. Chickpeas will crisp up more as they cool. Cool completely.
Leave a Comment