These Melt-In-Your-Mouth Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders are pretty much the most delicious thing on the planet. They’re easy to prepare and perfect for a crowd!
So. These cheeseburger sliders are officially my new favorite football/tailgating food on the planet. And I cannot stop eating them.
Actually, scratch that, they’re just my new favorite food on the planet, period. What’s not to love? Gooey cheeseburger filling sandwiched between a sweet hawaiian bun, brushed with butter and baked until golden brown and seriously irresistible; these guys are like a mix between a sloppy joe and traditional cheeseburger slider, but so much better. Kevin even dubbed these, “Better than White Castle,” and after my last lackluster White Castle experience a year or so ago, I’d have to agree.
The best part? Not only can they be made ahead of time, but they’re delicious — maybe even better — the next day.
As most recipes go here, I test the recipe during the day while Kevin is at work, so unfortunately for him, that means more times than not, he’s getting reheated food for dinner or snacks. In most cases, that’s just fine, but for these guys I was slightly worried they wouldn’t exactly be palatable and verging on soggy four hours after baking and a lengthy photography session (they did NOT want to cooperate). Much to my surprise, they reheated beautifully in the oven, and then again in the microwave the next day.
Because it’s Friday and because my brain is absolutely fried (I caught myself misspelling at least a dozen words), I’m cutting this post short, and just leaving you with these last few photos.
Word to the wise?? Make these….now…
For more great slider ideas, check out these posts:
- Ham & Pimento Cheese Sliders
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Asian Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Sliders
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1½ cups shredded 2% mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 pack of hawaiian rolls
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Chopped lettuce and tomato for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a small baking sheet. Split hawaiian buns down the middle lengthwise, try to keep all of the buns in tact.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add ground sirloin, onion and garlic. Turn the heat on medium-high and cook until brown and cooked through, about five minutes. If there is any grease, drain.
- Reduce heat to low and add salt, pickles, pickle juice and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Spread the filling on the bottom half of the slider buns. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with top half of buns. Brush tops with butter. Bake until the filling is hot and the tops are golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato.